Meet Our Honoree: Louise Camuto
Louise Camuto is the Chief Creative Officer of Camuto Group, a company that designs, develops and distributes fashion footwear and lifestyle products. As the Chief Creative Officer Louise oversees the design direction for the Camuto Group across more than 35 categories. She is an avid philanthropist with a special interest in charities that benefit women, children, and families, including the Two Ten Foundation, Ronald McDonald House and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- What is your job title and office location? Chief Creative Officer & President of Marketing, Camuto Group
- What is your hometown?Sweden
- What is your Alma mater? New York School of Interior Design
- Name one woman who inspires you and explain why? “My mother – she worked full-time as an entrepreneur, including weekends and holidays, and always managed to balance work and family gracefully. Her strength, beauty, style and warmth inspire me every day.”
- What does it mean to you to be named a woman of inspiration? “I am deeply touched to be named a woman of inspiration. Women must overcome many obstacles in business and we make these achievements by supporting each other and working together. I am where I am today because I am always reminded of my mother’s strengths and those of the women around me who inspire me each day. If I can inspire even one woman, through the course of my own journey, that is truly a great honor”
- With all of your philanthropic endeavors, what is one lesson you have learned that you would want to share with others? “Commit to causes that you are most passionate about. There are many important philanthropic opportunities and they are all deserving. In order to really make a difference, you should find those causes that are nearest to your heart and stay consistently involved in the community, education, and activity. The more informed you are the more effective you can be as a voice for awareness”What motivates you to support K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers mission of delivering brand new essentials to help people in need?
- What motivates you to support K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers mission of delivering brand new essentials to help people in need? “K.I.D.S./Fashion Delivers unites the industry and provides products directly to children, adults and families nationwide when and where it’s needed most. I am honored to be part of such an important organization.”
- What has been a major industry change that has surprised you during your career? “The impact of social media has completely changed the landscape of brand marketing, as well as the consumer’s discovery process. Social media continues to evolve and its power and growth is incredible.”